Talk it up!
Believe it or not, the amount of communication you have with your coaches will directly impact what you get out of the workout, the program and your club experience. As far as we're concerned, there is no such thing as a stupid question*
So, start practicing talking to your coaches! Believe it or not, the more we talk with each of you, the more we understand about you, your goals, your limits and your expectations.
Please remember to communicate with your coaches. Don't tell someone else what you want to tell us, tell us yourself!
Some of the things you can say to help you get the most from your workouts are;
- Say "Hi!"
- Complement coaches hair or fashion sense ;-)
- If you're not sure, ask what the workout is.
- If you don't understand the drills or technique work, ask us for more info.
- Make sure you know the route for the bike or run portions of the workout.
- Make sure the pool swimming etiquette is clear.
- Tell us if you have a race coming up.
- Make sure we know if you are still tired from a previous workout or race. It may not make a difference, but you can try!
Alan and Andrew
*Well that's not entirely true. A stupid question is definitely one that isn't asked.
Or one that's directed to the wrong person.
Or one that's asked a second and third time because didn't pay attention to the answer because you were talking not listening...
Or a question that's asked before the previous one is answered because you think you know the answer.
Or that interrupts someone else's question.